Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ministry Interview Done!

We got a surprise call this afternoon as we were preparing to go for our second visit. Olga called to let us know that our appt with the Ministry would be this afternoon – one hour notice!

They said our interview was successful. We were a little panicked going in. Larisa was there to translate for us. They asked us how old we were. Do we have biologic children? What we do for a living? Will the boys become jealous of the girls (they’re going to be a lot of work you know)? How do we discipline? How are the boys doing in school both academically and discipline wise? The interview was only about 5 minutes but pretty nerve racking. They asked questions in Russian, Larisa translated, we answered, and Larisa translated. At one point they laughed I have no idea about what and didn't dare ask why. Jon thinks it had to do with the way I answered the question about discipline. We take away earned rights and privileges. Zac and Jaiden just love to have their DS time reduced .

They let us know today that court will be February 12th at 9am. We’ll have our Tea Party after court and prepare to fly home. We can hardly believe that our first trip is coming to an end.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Went to the temple yesterday and put your names on the pray roll. It sounds like everything is going well. Going to court sounds scary, specially when they laughed. That would make me think that they didn't like what I said. But enjoy every minute you have with those angles of yours. Time goes by fast and then your back bringing them home for good. Love ya
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Jon and Michele,

I just wanted to say hello. Jared keeps me updated if I haven't checked up on the blog. It seems as though things are going well. The girls are so darling and seem to fit in naturally with you both. Can't wait to see them.
Take care and let me know if I can do anything.

Heather

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to the girls. I think that it is so awesome that you can be there for their 1st birthday.
Michelle