It’s hard to believe that the first portion of our journey is about to end. Monday will be our last full day with the girls. Based on what we learned this weekend, Tuesday is going to be long and crazy. Our court appearance has been scheduled for 9 AM. If all goes well our request to adopt Hannah and Hayley will be granted and they’ll officially join our family!
After court we’ll be taken to the orphanage where we’ll have a Tea Party with the girl’s doctors, the orphanage director and our facilitator. We’ll then head back to the apartment to pack up our bags. Our driver will pick us up one last time as we head back to the orphanage for our last visit at 4 PM. During this last visit we'll give our thank you gifts to the caregivers and present them with a thank you cake. I can’t stress enough the love and appreciation we have for these women. They’ve taken such great care of the girls.
We’ll then say our goodbyes to the girls at 7:30 before we’re whisked off to the airport for our return home. I’m sure the next few days will be full of tears as we prepare ourselves for our long separation. I’m sure this will be the longest 3 to 4 weeks of our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(57)
-
▼
February
(20)
- Travel Update!
- Just got the news!
- We're Back in Utah!
- Next Steps!
- Tuesday morning started out kinda scarey...
- They're Ours!!!
- We're Off to Court!
- Playtime Monday Afternoon
- Playtime Monday Morning
- The Count Down Begins!
- Dad Gets a New Hat (Russian Shopka)
- First Shopping Spree!
- More Playtime Pictures!
- Look Who Turned One (Feb 7th)
- We’re Back Online!
- On More Item off the Check List!
- Ministry Interview Done!
- Playtime continues!
- Another Big Day in the Process!
- Playtime!
-
▼
February
(20)
3 comments:
The girls will really miss their play time with you two! But the boys will be very excited to see you, me too.
congratulations and Happy first Birthday to the twins. Have loved following your quest. Travel safe. Love Bill and Jean
Oh my word this is so exciting!! I cant believe you guys are gonna have two little girls!!!!! I seriously cant wait!!!! I was reading through this and just bawled!!!! You two are going to be the best parents for these two little girls and Michele what an amazing mom you will be to these two daughters!! Once again congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys!!! Love you Guys
Sammie
Post a Comment